Any user can face such an unpleasant situation as the loss of a mobile device. This is a real problem, because the phone stores a lot of personal information. Today, let's find out how to search for a lost OPPO phone, what methods exist, and what you can do without going to specialists.
Is it possible to find a lost smartphone?
Finding Oppo's phone is quite problematic. For users from European countries, the proprietary cloud service HeyTap, through which the location of the device could be determined, is not available.
A workable way is to use the official Find My Device site from Google. The "Find My Device" function must be enabled on the smartphone, and this is a significant disadvantage of this method. Attackers can easily deactivate the option by going to the settings of the stolen phone. Geolocation must be turned on for correct location. Internet access is optional, as is the presence of a SIM card. If the scammer throws away or replaces the card, you can still track the Oppo remotely.
Is Find My Android still turned off? Then all you have to do is contact law enforcement. You need to provide all the information confirming that you are the owner of the lost smartphone. Read more about this option below.
Вас может заинтересовать: Сброс до заводских настроек телефона Oppo.
Turning on the "Find Device" function on the OPPO
Let's look at how to activate the option on your smartphone. This is a preventive measure that will help in the future to find the device without problems.
- In the settings, open the "Google" section.
- Go to the "Find Device" tab.
- Move the slider so that the line reads "Enabled". Done.
How to find a smartphone using Find My Device
The instructions below will help you find your lost Oppo phone. The procedure is very simple and will take a few minutes.
- Перейдите по ссылке https://myaccount.google.com/find-your-phone. Высветится страница, где с правой стороны будет расположена карта, с левой — действия, которые можно выполнить с мобильным устройством.
- Using the map, you can quickly determine the current location of your device (if geolocation is enabled).
- In the left pane, select a specific action. For example, lock or clear your device. You can also send a message to the lost phone and provide a contact number so that you can be contacted and have your mobile device returned.
Important! Access to the Internet is required for remote data cleaning. After that, you will no longer be able to track your smartphone.
Now you know how to remotely delete all the data from your Android smartphone. This way you will be able to save confidential information so that it does not fall into the hands of intruders.
Search for your phone by serial number and IMEI
Finding the phone by IMEI and serial number is possible, but you can't perform this procedure by yourself. On the Internet there are many programs that supposedly search by the unique code of the smartphone. In reality, such applications only steal personal information and may lead to a virus. The correct scheme is as follows:
- Write a statement to the police and provide materials confirming that the smartphone belongs to you. This can be a receipt of purchase, a warranty card, a branded box. After law enforcement authorities review the application, they will issue a special permit to search for the smartphone.
- Contact your service provider with this authorization. A specialist will search for your smartphone by IMEI. If you don't know the IMEI code of your smartphone, find it on the factory box.
How do I find my Android phone through my Google account?
I lost my phone with a SIM card. Is it possible to track it with the SIM card?
What do I do if my phone with silent mode is lost indoors?
Now you are aware of how to find your Oppo phone if you lose it. There are few effective methods, so turn on Google's device search in advance and set a complex password on the lock screen.