Sometimes a user wants to reset his mobile device to its factory default state. The reasons may vary, from system failures to the sale of the device. In this article, let's figure out how to reset your OPPO phone to factory settings using two working methods.
What is Hard Reset?
Сброс до заводских настроек – это автоматическое очищение смартфона от пользовательских данных. Удаляются следующие материалы: фото, видео, музыка, контакты, сообщения, сторонние приложения, авторизованные аккаунты. После форматирования телефона операционная система чистая, и можно настраивать устройство с нуля.
Why it's needed
It is usually performed in the following situations:
- There is a serious system failure that won't go away after a reboot. For example, the stock camera app doesn't work, notifications don't come, and the browser crashes.
- Selling your smartphone. If you decide to sell your device, do a reset to automatically clear your smartphone. Manually deleting files takes more time.
- Overloaded operating system. Sometimes the phone starts to hang up and work incorrectly because of the large number of files and installed applications. This is especially an acute problem for outdated or budget smartphones with a small amount of permanent and RAM.
Preparing before resetting to factory settings
Before formatting your phone, you need to perform preparatory procedures. These actions will not take more than 30 minutes, but will prevent loss of personal data and further problems.
Step 1: Backup
Обязательно сделайте бэкап, если хотите сбросить телефон по причине некорректного функционирования. Таким образом вы не потеряете важные данные. Создать резервную копию системы можно в настройках.
- Go to "Advanced Settings" and scroll down the page to "Backup and reboot".
- Open the "Backup and Restore" tab. At the bottom click the blue button "New Backup.".
- Mark the data you want to save. Click "Start". Choose where you want to save the backup: phone memory or external storage. There is not much difference, considering that the folder will be transferred to your computer anyway.
- Confirm the action and wait for the backup to be created. The more data you copy, the longer the process will take.
- Connecting your smartphone to your computer via USB cable and transfer the folder to the hard drive "Backup". It is located in the root of the phone. After resetting, this folder must be returned to the smartphone memory.
Step 2: Unlink your Google account
It is advisable to disconnect the account from the mobile device beforehand, so that the system does not require Oppo authorization after hard reset.
- Go to the tab "Users and accounts" - "Google".
- Click on the name of the account. Then in the upper right corner, click on the two dots and select "Delete account". Confirm the selection.
Читайте также: Настройка NFC на телефоне OPPO.
How to reset your OPPO to factory settings
With the preparatory procedures are sorted out. Now let's find out how to reset the settings on Oppo. This is a very simple operation that does not require root rights.
From the settings menu
The fastest and most comfortable option:
- Go to Advanced Settings - Backup and Reboot.
- Open the "Delete all data (factory reset)" tab. Select the type of information you want to get rid of. For a complete reset, press "Delete all data". Enter your smartphone password and confirm the action.
This method is suitable if you, for example, have forgotten your phone's password. The procedure can be performed either in the stock recovery, or in the custom one (TWRP or CWM). Let's consider the sequence of actions on the example of system recovers:
- Turn the device off and put it in recovery mode: hold the power and volume down button for a few seconds.
- Choose English.
- Go down to "Wipe data".
- Enter the verification code that appears on the screen.
- Press "Format data". "Wipe data" will only partially erase the data.
- Go back to the previous menu and click "Reboot" - "OK".
This is how you can do a reset through the recovery.
How else can I perform a ColorOS reset?
Is the SD card affected by the factory reset?
The phone does not turn on after a hard reset, what to do?
Will application data be saved if I back up?
Now you know how to reset your Oppo phone to factory settings, and when to perform this procedure. If you still have questions, ask them in the comments.